4 day Inca Trail tour (4 days / 3 nights)
The Inca Trail, with Machu Picchu as it´s final destination, is the best known and most popular hike among tourists. The total hike is about 45 kms and it takes four days alltogether, including a one day visit to the ruins. The natural scenary is breath-taking. With views of snow capped mountains, the cloud forest and hiking between stunningly preserved ruins, is an unforgettable experience.
- Day 1
At 06.00 o´clock we pick you up at your hotel and we go to km 82 by bus. From here on it will take us about 7 hours of hiking (13 km) to reach the first campsite in Huayllabamba.
- Day 2
Physically a tough day: 16 km and climbing 2 high passes. Warmi Wañusca, with its 4200 meters, is the hightest point of the trek. Breathtaking and stunning! Included is a visit to the ruins of Runkurakay and Sayacmarca. We will be camping in Pacamayo.
- Day 3
Today is a relatively easy one: we walk only 11 km and most of the route is flat and descending, meanwhile visiting the archaeological sites of Phuyupatamarca, Intipata and Wiñaywayna, the latter being our last campsite of the trek.
- Day 4
After breakfast, we depart to IntiPunco, the entrance of the old Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. This will take us about an hour and a half and it is an unforgettable experience observing the ruins from that point. In Machu Picchu we have a guided tour of approx. 2 hours and in the afternoon we travel back to Cusco by train. Arrival time in Cusco is estimated around 9:00 p.m.
| Km. 82 Inca Trail Start
Warmi Wañusca 4200 m.
Bus and Train.
BRING WITH YOU
- A Backpack
- A Daypack
- Rain jacket or Poncho
- Hiking Shoes
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleece, sweaters and 4 pairs of socks
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight and Batteries
- Water bottle
- Camera, films and batteries
- Hat or Cap to protect you from the sun or cold
- Sun Block
- Insect Repellent
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
- Water bottle and sterilizing tablets
- Swimsuit (recommended for the hot springs)
- Pick Up from your hotel and transfer in private bus to km.82 (starting point of the trail)
- Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees
- camping equipment (tents, kitchen tent, dinning tent, chairs, tables, mattresses)
- English speaking professional guide (2 guides for groups over 10 people)
- Cook and Cooking Equipment
- Porters (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Accommodation for the guides
- Meals (04 Breakfast, 03 Lunch, 03 Dinner + snack and tea time service every day)
- cook and porters
- First-aid Kit
- Bus Ticket from Machupicchu ruins down to the village of Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket (Backpacker service) from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Transfer train station -hotel Cusco
- Breakfast on the first day
- Lunch and Dinner on the last day
- Visit to the Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes (entrance fee is US$ 1,50, towels and swimsuits can be rented in Aguas Calientes)
- Carriers of an official student card pay $ 30 less. An extra porter to carry your personal items: US$ 75.00 / 4 days;
- An extra hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be booked for those who want to stay an extra day. Prices vary from $ 15 till $ 150. If you wish to go back to the ruins the following day, you will have to pay your entrance fee again (the first one was included in the Inca Trail Excursion).